We try to be pet parents more than responsible pet owners but they must be a balance somewhere. Here are some of the mistakes we might have committed while “Parenting” our pets.
- Over feeding them – who doesn’t love a snack or two or three of ten? The worse part is when we give table food like fat and cards to our babies.
- Over indulging them with toys – What’s a toy or two? Well, it spoils the pet if you give too much.
- Reprimanding bad behavior but not following through with punishments – bad dog! Here’s a cookie.
- Praising them in everything – and I mean everything. Even in bad behaviors.
- Keeping them too busy – too much play and education can tire them out.
- Keeping them too bored – at the same time too much doing nothing is… well… boring. We need to give out pets something to occupy their minds.
- Keeping them in cages – sometimes, we just cage our pets instead of watching over them. Don’t leave them in cages for more than eight hours. It is cruel!
- Letting them roam free in the streets – no babysitter, no problem! The street is your crib!
- Not limiting their playtime – even kids have limited play time. Keep your fur babies in a schedule so they know when play, rest and feeding time occurs.
- Spanking them too hard.
So, how many did you score?